What's new
What's new

Haas mini mill 4th axis.

Tolesh

Plastic
Hello all....

I bought a used Haas cnc mini mill. i was looking the back panel. my question is. this machine is ready for 4th axis, because i see 4 controlers, does any body know if im right.. or how can i know whats is installed in this machine.

let me add the back panel picture..

regards.

Felipe

This is the back panel picture.

Thanks for your help

Felipe

Attachments

• IMG00118-20110919-1212.jpg
    IMG00118-20110919-1212.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 3,894
Check the black cables on the top of the drives. They are labeled and should be X, Y, Z, and A.

Looks to me like you have the 4th axis option, most machines do.

Mike

Hi Machineit2...

thanks for your faster answer..

Look this is the info of each black wire.

610 33-0610D X amp
620 33-0620D Y amp
630 33 0630D Z amp
640C 33 0612A HZ spndle drv
This is from left to right in the picture.

Thats why im asking...

Best Regards

Felipe

Hi Machineit2...

thanks for your faster answer..

Look this is the info of each black wire.

610 33-0610D X amp
620 33-0620D Y amp
630 33 0630D Z amp
640C 33 0612A HZ spndle drv
This is from left to right in the picture.

Thats why im asking...

Best Regards

Felipe

Yah, that's a mini, on it that is your spindle drive. What year is your mill. The one I used to run was different. Check it close though, as the panel below them does say A Axis.

Sorry---Mike

Last edited:
Mike..

once again thanks. this machine is 2006... my friend had one like this but older, and only have 3 controls. thats why im not sure if is the forth axis adapter. on the panel say A axis, if you se the picture you can see it.

felipe

I believe the 4th drive is for the spindle.

Look on the outside left of the electrical cabinet; starting at the top the cable connectors should be labeled X,Y, Z, A (top to bottom)

Unless you have an open connector to plug in a 4th axis on the side, you do not have it.

What is the serial number of this machine? I can check if 4th is enabled. You can PM me. There are 8 circles that you can see on the left side of the panel, you should have a few that aren't in the picture. Do any of these have an A axis label on the outside?

Machineit2, Haastec, KenFoulks...

thanks for your answers... tomorrow will post lateral back panel of the haas mini mill..

regards.

Felipe

the fact that there is something plugged into your "A" axis spot should say you have the 4th axis... I cant see how the mini mill would ever use a SUBSPINDLE!!

unless they call a rotary head a subspindle!!

I have a 2001 mini mill and the drives are labled on the outside of the panel when the plugs go in!!, but it doesnt say SUBSPINDLE on the outside! just "-A- Axis" .

bob

Bob thanks, this mini mill is 2006 year, thanks for your answer...

KenFoulks... once again.. thanks for your help.. do you work at Haas..?? can you tell me whats is included or installed on this mini mill. you know the serial number.

Memory..?

what options need buy to haas to activate with haas codes..

regards

Felipe

Yes, I work for the Haas factory in Oxnard, CA.

Options:
CoverMMI (Clear Plastic Top Cover)
CPK (Coolant Pump)
FD3MM (Floppy Drive)
Rigid Tapping

Back