What's new
What's new

91 vf 1 draw bar locked up

eksinger

Aluminum
A little help here :( hoping for a simple fix..."aren't we all".:D The tool release piston seemed to be malfunctioning the other day when loading tools, it didn't seem to want to let go of the tool when i pushed the tool release button to pull out the tool. after a couple more tool changes it stopped working altogether. After pulling out the last tool. didn't make any wierd noises. just stopped being effective. FYI.. Umbrella typ tool changer.

after taking off the sheet metal. I watched to see that the plunger comes down on top of the drawbar. it hits the draw bar and stops like the drawbar is locked up. the spring plunger on top of the tool release piston moves down from the upper limit switch half way down until it hits the top of the drawbar then stops.

I pulled the exaust muffler from the air input line. it looks like the rubber gasket is tore up in pieces, and appears to be used as a flow control device as well as an air muffler. where to get one of these?..

I'm not sure if this is a tool release piston issue or a drawbar issue...

I'll post pics as soon as i can figure out why the image and/or the attachmets buttons are not allowing me to post pics..
Thanks.

if you make a plate that bolts to the casting on either side of the drawbar with a tapped hole in the middle, maybe 1/2-13. Then tighten the middle bolt down onto the drawbar, it should push it down enough to release the tool. If it does not drop rap on the tool with plastic hammer it should drop. See my post called tool stuck, however that was an extreme case. when the drawbar drops down the tool should be free to fall unless it is really stuck. My service guy said he had never seen one as stuck as mine. Good luck and be careful. Art

problem fixed.. turns out it was a rubber stopper ahead of the air muffler which was turned to shredded crumbs. the new one has a distinct pop that i haven't heard before, but seems to be working good now... now to see about how to quiet the spindle down a bit.. kinda sounds like bearings in the gearbox, maybe checking the tension of the belt...

Attachments

• P1010434.jpg
    P1010434.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 481
  • P1010440.jpg
    P1010440.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 383
  • P1010441.jpg
    P1010441.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 615

Back