What's new
What's new

Haas VF-2 tool release noise

jprobst

Cast Iron
I have a haas VF-2 that is about 5 years old. When I hit the tool release button it makes a different sound then normal. Started about a week ago. Its like a light pop and it sounds like its coming from inside the spindle area. Its almost like a weak air pressure sound. I check ed pressure and everything is good. It holds tools good. Basically no problem yet but I never noticed that sound before and it is driving me crazy. Anybody have any have any ideas? Is this something I should be concerned with? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I have a haas VF-2 that is about 5 years old. When I hit the tool release button it makes a different sound then normal. Started about a week ago. Its like a light pop and it sounds like its coming from inside the spindle area. Its almost like a weak air pressure sound. I check ed pressure and everything is good. It holds tools good. Basically no problem yet but I never noticed that sound before and it is driving me crazy. Anybody have any have any ideas? Is this something I should be concerned with? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

If I don't keep the spindle clean on our TM-2 it makes a pretty good pop. Have you cleaned it lately?

Check your tool release pre charge line. With the head covers off there will be a small air line (about 1/4") going to the solenoid centered in front of the tool release piston. Make sure this has a good connection and/or does not have a leak.

It should be adjusted to about 5 PSI; follow the hose to the regulator.

Good luck!

Back