What's new
What's new

Having trouble with G02 G03. Need advise

super duck

Plastic
Hello forum,

I was hoping to get a little advise on how to program a part. I have a job that needs altering and I’m having trouble and of course, getting a little frazzled at the same time. :confused:

Im working on a Haas TM1 2007 cnc

To keep it simple: I have to machine 2 7/16 radius' on a small piece of sheet metal. Making a rectangle shape into an oblong shape.

Basically the tool path I must create will look like the parenthesis. (________________)

I used the haas circular calculator but it give me an error saying Invalid I,K,J in G02 G03.

I entered the center points of the radius, the start and end points and I programmed it to start at the 270 degrees and end at the 90 degree. The second cut was from 90 to 270. Errors

The center points of the radius in absolute positioning is x–7.4865,y-3.119 for the right side cut ----------> ) And x-9.1575, y-3.119 for the left cut. (

I believe I have all of the information necessary to perform the two cuts, I guess im having trouble with the g codes. Could it be a G90 VS G54 conflict?

I just couldn’t get this going today at work, yes I am rather out of practice but I was hoping someone here could give me some advise on the programming nuances. I just know it something simple. If anybody has any advise or pointers it would be much appreciated.

Thank You in Advance

DUCK

g90 vs g54 conflict?? i dont understand this
g90 is absolute positioning g54 is a work offset...
are you programming center line of the tool and using wear or are you programming the part profile and comping?
post your code, might help more

Hello forum,

I was hoping to get a little advise on how to program a part. I have a job that needs altering and I’m having trouble and of course, getting a little frazzled at the same time. :confused:

Im working on a Haas TM1 2007 cnc

To keep it simple: I have to machine 2 7/16 radius' on a small piece of sheet metal. Making a rectangle shape into an oblong shape.

Basically the tool path I must create will look like the parenthesis. (________________)

I used the haas circular calculator but it give me an error saying Invalid I,K,J in G02 G03.

I entered the center points of the radius, the start and end points and I programmed it to start at the 270 degrees and end at the 90 degree. The second cut was from 90 to 270. Errors

The center points of the radius in absolute positioning is x–7.4865,y-3.119 for the right side cut ----------> ) And x-9.1575, y-3.119 for the left cut. (

I believe I have all of the information necessary to perform the two cuts, I guess im having trouble with the g codes. Could it be a G90 VS G54 conflict?

I just couldn’t get this going today at work, yes I am rather out of practice but I was hoping someone here could give me some advise on the programming nuances. I just know it something simple. If anybody has any advise or pointers it would be much appreciated.

Thank You in Advance

DUCK

For a 180 degree or less arc it is easier to use R rather than I,J. This will take the calculations out of the equation. Example with .5 radius, center at X-5. y-1. programming part to use cutter comp.
T1 M6
G0 G90 G54 X.75 Y-1.5 S2500M3
G43 H1 Z1.
G1 F50. Z.1
Z-.5 F20.
G41 D1 X.375
X-5.
G2 X-5. Y-.5 R.5
G1 X.375
G40 X.75

Think thats right. Been a while since manual programming.

Zero degrees is East (----->) (X+), 90º is North (Y+)and 180º is West (<----) (X-). This goes for CNC controls and all Cad and Cam software that I know of.

Sorry about the delay in my response.

What was happening was the help calculator gives me multiple solutions to the one circle to cut. I thought that they were all part of one code and I put them all together in one code, causing an alarm. I know :nutter: But realized my mistake and got it going when I was fresh the next day.

Now I need to get working on cutter compensation code making. The code I programed used the 7/16 radius + the half the cutter to make my desired dimension.

I'm know i'm very much out of practice and I appreciate you help. I'm sure I will be back soon.

Thanks Again

Duck

Back