What's new
What's new

VF-1 Toolchanger Jammed, Found unknown part blocking it

Corym

Cast Iron
Hi all,

I went to do a toolchange on my VF-1 with umbrella carousel. It got almost all the way under the spindle, jammed, then alarmed out.

I traced this to the part that can be seen below. It was jammed between the sheetmetal on top the toolchanger and the toolchanger casting itself. I took a picture of it in that position and then removed it and took a closeup.

Can anyone identify this part and where it belongs? I've never seen it before and can't immediately spot where it could have fallen/popped out from.

Thanks in advance.

wag8ds.jpg

xgb288.jpg

That is a tee-nut used to mount something on Unistrut channel. I don't know anything about Haas machines, so I don't know if it came loose from somewhere, or just wound up getting dropped in/on it from somewhere else.

Interesting. I'll be damned if I know where it came from. It wasn't there about a month ago when I cleared the chips out of that area. There's nothing but 30'+ of air over the machine. Don't think there's any unistrut on the roof.

Thanks for the help.

Definitely not from the machine that is factory. Any unistrut bolted to the machine? I see that often to anchor electrical conduit.

If not, then it is from another source.

Back