What's new
What's new

Hp rating of turning center motors?

SND

Diamond
I searched their website for a better idea of their hp ratings, and to see if they rate their Turning Centers the same way as the Mill's. Can't find it, so would calling the rep get any sort of paper data of what's hidden inside or must one remove the sheet metal and dig in??
Essentially I want to know if the 20hp peak SL or now ST-20 has a 7.5 or 10hp cont motor, or what? pretty much everyone else I've looked at gives a proper cont/30min rating, or cont/X minutes. Does haas have any paper literature to say something similar, real tested torque/hp charts(not theoretical computer generated lines) ?

I searched their website for a better idea of their hp ratings, and to see if they rate their Turning Centers the same way as the Mill's. Can't find it, so would calling the rep get any sort of paper data of what's hidden inside or must one remove the sheet metal and dig in??
Essentially I want to know if the 20hp peak SL or now ST-20 has a 7.5 or 10hp cont motor, or what? pretty much everyone else I've looked at gives a proper cont/30min rating, or cont/X minutes. Does haas have any paper literature to say something similar, real tested torque/hp charts(not theoretical computer generated lines) ?

I have the hardcover book haas sends out to you for installation. It has all the specs you are looking for. ST-20 is 14hp/20hp it does not give a duration though.

No duration mentioned anywhere? not even a little * that links to tiny writing that says what they base it on by any chance? darn :(

Back