What's new
What's new

How old is to old for a HAAS VMC

MBG

Hot Rolled
I am wanting an older HAAS VF in the price range of less than 20k...

I am just concerned about parts available and being able to fix.

Please let me know how old is to old where the parts start phasing out.

Vf what? That's not a bad price if in good shape.
The shop I am at just bought a 1995 VF3 in very good
shape. More than twice that price, but it also came with a pallet changer.

I am wanting an older HAAS VF in the price range of less than 20k...

I am just concerned about parts available and being able to fix.

Please let me know how old is to old where the parts start phasing out.

My first Haas, a 1992 VF-1 is still running at my old shop. They are easy to fix and all parts are still available, with the possible exception of the outer plastic skin/housing.

And, with the help of forums like this, you can probably fix it yourself.

They take a licking and keep on cutting! Okay, I changed that a little. :)

Oh, and I have a 1996 VF-2 that is still knocking out parts for me right now.

Mike

I sell these types of machines so I can give you my two cents. I would say that the bubble machines are too old, or at least I stopped dealing in them. I would stay 1994 or later.

At the very end of 1996 they started switching their servos to brushless and lots of people like to stay on the newer technology so a 1997 is a good cut off for many. Nothing wrong with the brush style ones and we certainly still buy and sell them.

Parts on a 1994 and beyond are pretty easy to get anywhere in the country. The bubble machines (called that because they have that rounded plastic look to them) can be more difficult to repair and are just an older platform.

I hope that helps.

I sell these types of machines so I can give you my two cents. I would say that the bubble machines are too old, or at least I stopped dealing in them. I would stay 1994 or later.

At the very end of 1996 they started switching their servos to brushless and lots of people like to stay on the newer technology so a 1997 is a good cut off for many. Nothing wrong with the brush style ones and we certainly still buy and sell them.

Parts on a 1994 and beyond are pretty easy to get anywhere in the country. The bubble machines (called that because they have that rounded plastic look to them) can be more difficult to repair and are just an older platform.

I hope that helps.

My 1996 is Brushless, with Brush or Brushless 4th axis.

Back