What's new
What's new

IF HAAS had a smart phone AP what features would you want?

helocat

Aluminum
I see the newer machines getting WiFi so not hard to think Haas might make users of their machines a killer smart phone application. Hopefully Haas will notice this thread.

What feature would you like your smart phone to report/do with your Haas equipment?

I will kick this off with:

Mill sends notice when cycle is over.

Turn on and warm up in the morning, run parts all day and shut down at night automatically. I'll call in from home. :)

LOL - I like your style. BUT.....for mine I'd add DON'T shut down at night. Run parts all day and night. I'll call in from my boat.:cheers:;)

helocat, you are the second person in two days to write about a Haas smart phone app. We actually have plans to create an app and have begun the process (looking to hire an app developer).

I doubt we considered our (future) app being able to interact with the control. Thank you everyone for your ideas, keep them coming please.

Everyone please continue to share your wants and ideas for a Haas app.

Thanks again.

helocat, you are the second person in two days to write about a Haas smart phone app. We actually have plans to create an app and have begun the process (looking to hire an app developer).

I doubt we considered our (future) app being able to interact with the control. Thank you everyone for your ideas, keep them coming please.

Everyone please continue to share your wants and ideas for a Haas app.

Thanks again.

Outstanding. (Happy beta tester here!)

My top:

-Cycle done (M30 notice)
-Any Alarms, and what they are.
-Camera view inside!

Nice to have:

-Cycle time average (This way we know how long its taking to load, AKA guy loading is on the ball.
-Tool usage monitoring (set so many hrs for tool use, get notice to change insert)
-Maintenance status/needs

Make the app to work with a website we then set up to link our machines directly too. (Ya Haas can monitor our use but have at it) This way we can apply smart phone features how we want. Allow use of pre-set text messages too/in place of notices to a smart phone. This way we can send the notice to an employees basic cell phone.

Mark

I have a webcam setup inside my machines linked to skype with auto answer video calls for this. I can check coolant is flowing and when machine finishes to go in and change blocks on weekends :D

An internal camera was also on my list as well. Real time seeing how things are cutting. Great idea on setting it up on skype.

I it would be cool if controls could connect wifi to a cloud service. Then you could have all of your setup sheets and tool paths stored on the cloud, and be able to download to the control and possibly a pad or phone for the setup sheet. I am sure with this there could be some nice project tracking data that could be captured at the some time.

I it would be cool if controls could connect wifi to a cloud service. Then you could have all of your setup sheets and tool paths stored on the cloud, and be able to download to the control and possibly a pad or phone for the setup sheet. I am sure with this there could be some nice project tracking data that could be captured at the some time.

That would be outstanding. Just have all your programs in one spot, then call them up as needed just as if they are sitting on that machine.

Mark

Back