What's new
What's new

Haas VF3 Program data errors

zero_divide

Stainless
So basically we have 2 new haas VF3's and already having problems with them.

Every now and then we get "Program data error" that suggest we delete and reload all files from memory.....
It only happens (sometime) when we use cutter comp. Which is like in 5 percent of any given program we do.

Seems no biggie but when you run 3 molds over a weekend 10 hours EACH. You expect them to be done by Monday. And those errors seem to happen when there is none around.

I come in, delete and restart the program and it finishes fine:ack2:

HAAS's solution is the same "delete and reload" that though didnt fix shit.

Anyone has any solutions for that which don't involve use or a hammer?

Machines are HAAS VF3 2011 and 2012.

It might be a lot of extra time wasted, but if you do a trial run, does it give an error and does it stop on the offending line so you can inspect it?

How are you loading the programs in? Is it actually possible that bad media might be involved?

We had a similar problem on a haas running long cavity programs, and found the data cable from PC to the machine was close to a power cable, (200A supply to the moulding floor) when we moved the cable the problem stopped. Could have been a coincidence though, as we never really got to the bottom of what the exact problem was, just kept trying things until the problem went away. Like your machines the issue normally happened for us when we were not there, annoying!! Reload the same program and it completed fine.

We use USB sticks to transfer the data.
Before i tried to copy program that "caused" error from machine back to the same USB, Edit it on another PC, and copy it back to haas.

Still, once program is re-written, it runs without a hitch.
I thought that if USB corrupted the data, it wouldn't work. But clearly something happens on the HAAS itself that messes up things.

Still i am gonna buy my own USB stick and give that Chinese piece of crap back to may boss. He bought if for us on EBay for 5$ a pop :rolleyes5:

Nope. All it says on the alarm list is error name, not even where it happened.

At the same time i CAN SEE that the program itself is fine.
No weird symbols or rubbish you'd expect from corrupt file in there.

A really rare problem I have seen on floppy disks is where two lines of code get run together on one line. But my older control (1996) would show the offending line in the alarm messages.

This problem is difficult to see because many text editors will not show the offending line, but show it formatted as you wish it to be.

The quick way to find the error is with a hex editor. Search the code for any character sequence of: 0D 0D (hex values of line feed, carriage return are required) and if any are found, that is the issue. Every line should end with 0D 0A

So far as I know, this was only a problem with floppy disks. The file could be perfect on the hard drive, but a copy to disk would result in the error. So be sure to examine the file on the media being used for the file transfer.

I have had problems with parenthesis use in CAM comments causing problems.
Usually won't load until they are removed.

Okay. I have an update for those who might be interested or having the same problems.
Despite having above mentioned problems with one machine, company went and bought another one (exactly the same), 6 months after the first one.

Well, lob and behold the same sh1t has been happening on both machines till now.
Program corruption, tool probe macros stop working, data errors popping up when applying cutter dia comp.

We decided to call the dealership and complain again.
They send a tech. Next day he came and LUCKILY i was able to reproduce the same 251 error.

Lets just say he looked puzzled, but at least he did not have the same attitude as 2 guys before him (i could read in their eyes "you are dumbass i am wasting my time here")

Anyway the guy installed a newest version of control software and all errors DISAPPEARED!

So if anyone is having similar problems with their HAAS, just keep bugging them- they should come and install a new version-looks like they have fixed their bug.

Look to make sure your thumb drives does not have automatic compression software in it as this will actually zip the software as it's loaded onto the stick then when you try to put the code into the machine it gets corrupted

2012-08-14 06_31_29.jpg

I have seen this problem many many many times with our 2011 VF3-SS. Happens on every startup and haas cannot fix it.

Just keep bugging them.
For us error would happen while the machines were running.
So as i said as soon as they installed new software , problems were gone.

Unfortunately now i can not even probe with doors open.
Used to be able to do that in setup mode by holding cycle start button.

I'm having the same error message on my TL-2 randomly and very seldom. Seems it happens when I switch from MDI to edit. I don't know! Never happened while a program was running.
I simply ignore that message, I never had a actually corrupted program.

Nick

I have had problems with parenthesis use in CAM comments causing problems.
Usually won't load until they are removed.

my '99 machine is the same . it will not load a program from floppy if there are text notes in parenthesis . it will , however , take them
if i download from dnc . not a huge deal , but on a program w/ 10+ tools it becomes tedious to edit all the comments for toolchanges.

Back