What's new
What's new

Knurling on an SL30

djm77

Aluminum
Hi guys,

I have just been given a job that requires some knurling on the OD. Now I have only ever knurled on a CNC lathe once in my life before about 12 years ago and that was a straight Knurl not a typical diamond one like the current job I have.

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for speeds feeds etc for 316st/st

I will probably do this on our Haas SL30 due to the quantity.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

I don't know off the top of my head but we do a job in 316 that we knurl ill have to look ip the program when I get into work in a couple of hours. But I was wondering r u just going down on x and back up or do u have z travel

Ok speed we r going 600 feed we r going f0.007 but we r just going down on the x and back up no z travel and let dwell for a second hope this helps

Thanks CNSEE. I have Z travel but my try your plunging in the X axis only idea to see what happens. I take it your feed is in inches? Other wise that is pretty slow in metric. :) I should be starting the job sometime tomorrow so once all the cursing is over hopefully I'll be able to come back on here with tales of success.

Your speeds and feeds worked a treat CNSEE, thanks very much for your help. I did use Z travel in the end to move + and - a little and the knurls came out pretty good, even if I do say so myself. :)

Back