What's new
What's new

'92 VF halogen replacement bulb

my 91 vf1 didn't have a light when i bought it, I went to wallmart and bought the whole fixture for under $17. wired it in and works great : )

Did you find a bulb?
I would try the local auto parts store.... looks like a replacable item, but check voltage.
As to eksinger... Very common upgrade. $500 for a "factory" light, or $20 for off road lights...hmm?

OK I took out one of my spare (from the yacht place) bulbs. They look exactly like yours. The box has the following numbers: Hella H3 PK 22s UV-Free 24V 70W Below that: 8GH 002 090-251 . As I remember, the same configuration may have been available in 12V as well, but I am not sure. If that is not enough, I can photograph the box for you. BTW. these are quartz envelope bulbs - you must not touch the quartz with your fingers. The oil from your fingers will cause the bulb an early death. Use gloves.

OK, I found one link at a reasonable price:

http://bulbster.com/lightbulbs/general-automotive-general-automotive-c-553_561.html?sort=3a&page=1

Bill Clark,
Thsoe bulbss are the good old common H3 bulbs for fog lights and headlights on euro cars. Can can be found cheap at you local auto parts store. They come in H1 and H3, I think one is higher wattage than the other. Better solution is to get LED floodlights off of Ebay and a voltage rectifier and convert to LED. That's what I am doing with my 1991 Haas VF-1. Hers a link to the LEDs.

12V to 24V DC 10W Cool White LED Wall Pack Black Shell Wash Flood Light Outdoor | eBay

I bought two of the fixtures from this seller. While they are not installed in the mill yet I did power them up and I am very happy with the amount of light and the color. If you decide to go LED keep in mind that they are offered in different colors, 4300 is a warm white, a little yellow. They link above is to the white LEDs, they are almost pure white light, very similar to daylight. Hope this helps :cheers:

Steve

Back