What's new
What's new

Haas Mini Mill

The radius needs to be made using X & Z.I dont think tool size matter but I could be wrong

The radius needs to be made using X & Z.I dont think tool size matter but I could be wrong

Using x and z? You want to profile the radius with a ball end mill?

Do you have any cam software? This is easy program

I don't know if you look the drawing,bout the radius they need to be on the .125 dim following the step

Polan14,

I am a bit confused, are you trying to lay the part flat and profile the whole outside, or say in a vise, mill the step, then the radii? If the first, well not gonna happen, .125 radius on the tool cant generate the radius on the "inside" right? if your trying to do the second, you need two tools, one with a .03 corner radius, and one with a .03 corner rounding radius. trying to generate these both with a square end mill can be done, but seriously why would you WANT to?

I trying to do the second part. The part that I'm making is more complicate than the drawing that I posted. My problem is getting the command for the machine to produce the radius that I need, I have no trouble doing radius with the X & Y but using elevations is other thing at least for me.Thank you

You have to change the plane selection to g18 or g19 from g17. then you can program in the other plane for example g2 x.25 z-.25 r.25. the plane selection is in the book or under the shelf then just compensate for the tool radius if you are using a ball mill.

Back