What's new
What's new

HAAS umc750

I'm a Haas shop & I saw this machine in it's prototype stage in the fall of last year at EMO in Hannover.
It was on display but not complete. I asked the sales guy what it was and he mentioned that people were bugging Haas to come out with a 5 axis VMC machine, and this was their response. They got good feedback at the show and the sales guy said he could have sold 5 of them that day.
I believe the Haas control is very powerful, you could put that on any machine tool and it would be the major component.
I dont know about the structure of the machine or any of its working parts, but if you look at what Haas is good at and see how they have incorporated that into this machine, you will have to agree it's pretty slick. With the right operator infront of it, I bet it can be a very useful machine. It might take them a while to make it so there are no bugs in it, but the flip side to that is that they service their customers well.
A major reason why we run them here.

Way to go HAAS!!

A couple of pics from the show in 2011.

CIMG0393.jpgCIMG0298.jpgCIMG0299.jpgCIMG0392.jpg

Yes, I have seen some of the early photos. I see they decided to support the other end of the table.

My HAAS rep sent me some literature on it. I think the price stripped was around $130K about $150K with probe, TSC and stuff like that.

That's not a bad price if you think of it for the travels you get and the range of the machine.
Price out a new VMC with trunion option and you will be paying more than that for sure.
I would never buy another machine without the probing option and tool setter. Invaluable in my opinion. Same with the TSC option.
I bought a machine without TSC and I have been kicking myself ever since.
As they say:
"if you need it and dont buy it, you'll have paid for it and not have it"

I will always make sure my new machines from now on will have all the major options.

h.s.

Back