What's new
What's new

What is battery life for lithium batt??

AUGUSTWEST

Aluminum
When or how often should those be changed, to avoid memory loss critical graphics failure etc...?? Is there a life meter in common HAAS controls?? I know my way around controls and machine software dont remember seeing a meter for that?? Bad practice so many users hit reset for any alarm without reading the onscreen description of the active alarm??

Someone could craft a "It's Time to ReCharge" website where you record all the rechargeable batteries you have in your life, and send you a periodic email to remind you.

Of course, there would be targeted ads by Batteries Plus, Radio Shack, etc.

Lithium ion batteries have a long cyclic rate at least 3 times longer than earlier battery types, but they are very sensitive to temperature both high and low. I would suspect though that when used in AC powered devices like HAAS controls, they will be equipped with a built in smart charger as part of the circuit. If so, they may last indefinitely if the machine powered up regularly and the machine is installed in a heated shop. Temperatures below 40 degrees farenheit should be avoided at all costs. Warm is better than cold.

thanks for a REAL answer steve, i didnt know they were in circuit and recharge ive seen some go bad is why i was asking thx again

The battery will generally last for many years. When the voltage gets low, the machine will kick up a "LOW BATTERY" message when powering on the machine.

The batt died in my 02 SL10 a few months ago. The control popped up a battery alarm. I didn't shut down the machine until the tech could change it. The tech did a full backup on the control and replaced the battery. Works great again and I have piece of mind of a fresh batt and a current backup.

A few months ago the electric company was working on our power so we had the machine off and they unhooked power from my building. When they hooked the power back up we checked to make sure the voltage was still on the right taps and then turned the machine on. When the machine came back up it looked normal and went through all the steps to set up a program. When I would hit cycle start it would say spindle over temp. Several days into this after talking to at least 10 different Haas service guys going through different menus and changing settings and nothing we did fixed it. Then a few days later I was talking to a friend that said his backup battery had died on his machine and that it lost the serial number in the programming and did the same thing. We checked the serial number and it showed all zeros. The service guy came and checked the machine and said the circuit board was bad and not charging the back up battery. They put in a temporary piggyback battery then ordered a new board. The machine lost the tool lengths from not having the backup battery so if your battery is ever dead and you loose power to the machine do not try to run a part without re-doing all the tool lengths.

We never had a low battery alarm on the screen.

Back