What's new
What's new

Question on a ha5c 4th axis

M2I

Plastic
Someone had put a collet in wrong and pushed the locating pin and i was wondering if anyone knew if you could pull it apart and push it out or if that piece would have to be bought new

Really not sure what you're saying. Anyhow with ours sometimes the collet needs to be rotated to be remove from fixture.

Athack

I think he is saying that someone put the collet in without lining up the keyway and when they did that they pushed the pin (which is pressed into the spindle) up into the reamed hole. They may have sheared the pin too. I'm not sure if the pin can be pushed up. There may be a sleeve (bearing spacer) over the spindle that would prevent the pin from pushing up. If that's the case it may have sheared. I've never been inside an ha5c. hopefully someone here has and can add more info for you.

On top of unit you will see two Pipe Plugs...the lower one with the casting cutout can be removed and is your access hole for the Collet Key, rotate spindle till aligned, unscrew the Collet Key with 3/32 allen wrench Just below the spindle on the right should be a spare Collet Key...Unscrew from base and use to replace the old. Just make sure screw is below spindle before rotating. Order a couple new ones for the next time.

On top of unit you will see two Pipe Plugs...the lower one with the casting cutout can be removed and is your access hole for the Collet Key, rotate spindle till aligned, unscrew the Collet Key with 3/32 allen wrench Just below the spindle on the right should be a spare Collet Key...Unscrew from base and use to replace the old. Just make sure screw is below spindle before rotating. Order a couple new ones for the next time.

That is exactly what i was looking for thanks guys for your help and input

Back