What's new
What's new

haas cooling fans

art421

Aluminum
Does anyone know where to buy the cooling fans on the top of the Z axis. I mean besides the HFO. I seem to break these things in creative ways like shooting the bellville washers through them, or my guy dropping them while re-installing. They seem to be over priced from haas not to mention the core charge. Any help greatly appreciated.

I replied to this hours ago., but it did no show up for some reason! Take the model number off of it and search on eBay. Just bought a fan there last week for mine. If you have trouble, let me know and I will help you out. Mine was the heat transfer fan for the cabinet and I got it for under $25.00 with the shipping. It was like brand new too.

Mike

Our HFO tech tipped us off that the VF spindle fan is available from Grainger at somewhat less money than from Haas. They used to die on us back when we were using Citcool 33 coolant...the mist would attack the plastic fan blades. When they got eaten away enuf to throw it out of balance it sounded like a spindle bearing. (That coolant didn't support bacterial growth in the sump, but that's about all I can say for it.)

A nice touch shooting the bellville washers through the fan, I like it. As far as replacements go I wouldn't pay more than 45.00 for a cooling fan. Just google electronic surplus there will be lots of Co. with lots of fans, a little time to try and match specs, but I'm sure you will find a compatible unit at a substantial savings

I know this is a 10 year old thread, but it's the first search engine result for the Haas spindle fan. Hopefully this info can help someone else out! Mine just went out on a VF2. Actually, I just need the fan itself but you can only buy the whole motor and housing assembly. Anyway, here's the ticket to MASSIVE cost savings:

Comair Rotron "Caravel AC" Model number: CLE2L2

Current Haas Price: $244.95
New from DigiKey: $103.79

For whatever reason, a number of places have these available as "surplus" and I just picked one up for $32.95

MFG site http://www.comairrotron.com/content/caravel-ac-cle2l2-19020188a
Digikey https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/comair-rotron/19020188A/17083

Back