What's new
What's new

What make are the pistol style air guns on HAAS machines?

Bob E

Hot Rolled
I occasionally use a friends VM-3 for some overflow work and really like the high quality air gun.
I saw no name or logo markings, but web research indicates it might be Parker:

New Picture.jpg

I've had several asian made guns that inevitably start to leak after 6 months.

(This has been discussed here before... but damn if I can find the thread)

Thanks

I believe Jupiter makes them. I have bought Jupiter and CEJN brand for our machines. Both are very high quality. Jupiter is available through MSC and Enco.

Curtis

I bought some air guns and lines a while back because my guys were eating the air guns slowly over time.
First the tip, then the back clip, then the stem kept getting shorter and shorter. Finally the thing would get stuck and always leak.
Took it apart to try and fix it and spent so much time pissing around I finally ordered a new one. The old one lasted almost 5 years.
The new one went for around two and a quarter for the whole thing, nearly fell over when I saw the invoice. :eek:
But they are good, I'll give you that.

h.s.

I believe Jupiter makes them. I have bought Jupiter and CEJN brand for our machines. Both are very high quality. Jupiter is available through MSC and Enco.

Curtis

+1 for the Jupiter. The ones I have seen/ordered from MSC or Enco are identical except for the tip.

The new one went for around two and a quarter for the whole thing, nearly fell over when I saw the invoice. :eek:
But they are good, I'll give you that.

h.s.

Now that I think about it, I paid two and a quarter for 3 units with coils, plus shipping.
Not so bad now that I remember.

h.s.

Back