What's new
What's new

HELP, 2007 Haas Mini Mill won't boot up

phillipgwu

Plastic
Will take any suggestions, Thank You
pw924 at yahoo com

1. Machines shut down on June 1, Power back up on July 18, it runs fine with warm up program daily since July 18. Never cut anything.
2. This morning, Aug 5, hit the power up bottom, I get this colorful screen, nothing else. Shut down and Power up few time, same result.
3. I had "Low Battery" alarm 212 issue for the past year, it goes away whenever I power down and power up again. Never bother me.
4. Is it because the onboard mainboard battery finally dead, cause this boot up issue.(colorful screen)

haasminimill_noboot.jpg
haasminimill_noboot_01.jpg

Philip
Aug 6, 2012

My answer is to place a call into your HFO.
No charge and no guesses...
Tech service may be able to walk you thru an on phone diagnosis.

For me some simple fixes have been done that way...some not so simple fixes as well when we were very short on money.
It's why I buy Haas.

ooch..that is gonna leave a mark.
Sorry to hear.

Now if you wanna fix the processor board...this site would be the place to go for tips.
Haas swaps them out...it's pricey, but quick.

Changing the processor board and loading software/parameters should not take more than a couple of hours. If it does, ask why and also ask that the time be adjusted if warranted.

Sometimes newer guys are slower (and hopefully more cautious) and I have heard of some machines having compatability issues when Haas says everthing works together fine. Either way it is not up to you to pay for training or enginerring problems.

Also, that $4K should have a core return which will drop it by 50%.

Good luck!

Changing the processor board and loading software/parameters should not take more than a couple of hours. If it does, ask why and also ask that the time be adjusted if warranted.

Sometimes newer guys are slower (and hopefully more cautious) and I have heard of some machines having compatability issues when Haas says everthing works together fine. Either way it is not up to you to pay for training or enginerring problems.

Also, that $4K should have a core return which will drop it by 50%.

Good luck!

What Haastec said...core charge.

"depending on who does it for us" not sure what that means...is Haas installing and Loading, if so, it should be a fairly firm cost. I tend to prefer HFO tech do these installs as my hands on can void warrantee issues. Usually no warrantee on electrical if they do not install. Then again I cannot say I haven't had my hands in there.

Call and check again.

Back