What's new
What's new

HAAS / DNC Mode Alarm

Cody 357

Plastic
Hi Guys,
I could use a little help. I have a VF2 in my garage and I was running this part today. The first time I had used DNC Mode because the file was too big. I tested the Hyperteminal (I purchased this version since Hyperterminal is no longer a part of newer PCs) checked all the settings on both end and it seemed to work fine. It ran air for 45 minute no problems. So I started cutting metal. At Line N97015 2 hrs into it, I get an Alarm, 248 Number Range Error. I changed a few parameters and tried again. Same error, line N98138. The HAAS says Number Range Error, PC/Hypeterinal says File Transfer error limit exceeded.
I think I'm either at a file size limit or line character limit.
I would appreciate any suggestions or help? Can anyone suggest a better emulator?

Try removing the line numbers. After that, if you still have an error, look for individual numbers that are bad like F30.65434.

Mike

Thanks Mike,
I'm going to go bang on this again today. I was trying a few things last night, one being removing line numbers. I'll have to find out where in the post, to make it a little easier. I did try changing a parameter that doubled the number of lines, edited out to the place I left off. This time N244532. The program wouldn't start. I got the same error @ the % sign. A curious thing. After reset and starting DNC mode, I noticed N97XXX in the upper right corner of the screen. Is there a buffer that needs to be cleared or what? I'll be looking for this when I power up today.
Any ideas? thanks again

how much memory does your machine have? I have dealt with this in the past and want some information to help you out. Also how long is your RS232 cable?

Back