What's new
What's new

Haas TL-1 Intutitive Programmimg.

JamesPNash

Plastic
Gentlemen,

I have recently purchased a used Haas TL-1 CNC Toolroom lathe. I have a few questions concerning the intutitive programming. I can turn it on and go to the system recording screen and turn on the recording section of the machine. I can do and record individual steps with the machine holding the " kill " switch in my hand. I can go back to the system recording page to the recorder and stop the recording and get into the " play " mode of the system page. But when I put in a NEW part, I have to again hold the " kill " switch and the machine runs just ONE recorded step at a time and NOT the cnc program as a whole. Is there a way that I can RUN/PLAY the CNC program I created in the intuitive programming as a entire program to cycle once making a part and NOT be holding the " kill " switch ? I have read the books that came with the lathe alot of times and I can see NO mention of what I am looking for. Is there anyone out there or on here that can direct to my answers to run my lathe and produce the desired parts that I want to make ? Thank You..........

Jim Nash
LaGasse Iron Works
Lyons, NY

Hello,

My guess is you have the controls "single block" mode turned on. You will see somewhere near the bottom of the screen the words single block highlighted if it is turned on. To turn off push the single block button on the control.

Change your setting 51 (can't remember to on or off). That should eliminate the need to hold the deadman's switch for all operations. Don't know if that will help the single block issue but it will make the lathe more useful overall.

Disclaimer: use at your own risk on proven programs with the chuck-guard down.

Eric U

Everytime you run an operation from IPS the code is generated in the MDI screen. If you want to make a single program with the operations cut and paste each op from mdi into a program.

There's a way to do it with the record function but I'm not sure how to do it.

Everytime you run an operation from IPS the code is generated in the MDI screen. If you want to make a single program with the operations cut and paste each op from mdi into a program.

There's a way to do it with the record function but I'm not sure how to do it.

The way we accomplish the above is; program the function you want in IPS then push F4. There will be two options 1. create new program 2. write to current program. Choose option 2. then courser up or down to where you want to enter new operation and push write.

Athack

Gentlemen,
Thanks to ALL who have replied to my post and to THOSE who will in the future. I will be trying ALL of the suggestions I have been given and will post the results soon. Thank-you.

Jim Nash

Back