What's new
What's new

1971 Bridgeport 2J Vari Speed X Axis Power Feed Replacement

davidyat

Plastic
I've had a 1971 Bridgeport with an X Axis Power Feed assembly installed from the factory when new. It has no motor but has the gearbox and electric hook ups. Will these servo type power feed replacements I see on eBay and elsewhere fit my machine or will I get into a world of frustration trying to use them?

Thanks,

David :confused: :crazy: :confused:

The length of the X-Axis rod on your mill is shorter than the rod for a table of identical length that was not equipped with the factory feed unit.
Servo has a kit that will enable one to mount a Servo power feed unit for mills like yours.
The last one I installed came from here:
Servo Power Feeds
If you call in and talk to Barry ask about parts to complete your existing Bridgeport feed unit.
Another Servo source:
http://servoproductsco.com/html/power_feeds.html
John

The length of the X-Axis rod on your mill is shorter than the rod for a table of identical length that was not equipped with the factory feed unit.
Servo has a kit that will enable one to mount a Servo power feed unit for mills like yours.
The last one I installed came from here:
Servo Power Feeds
If you call in and talk to Barry ask about parts to complete your existing Bridgeport feed unit.
Another Servo source:
http://servoproductsco.com/html/power_feeds.html
John

John,
I believe my X-Axis rod is longer, not shorter on my unit that is equipped with the factory power feed. As I've been researching this retro fit, it looks like what I need will be a Servo Model M-225 unit. It has an adaptor, part #0479, that takes the place of the original gear box that was originally installed. The adaptor takes into account the extra length of the X-Axis rod. But thanks for the input. I have been to both of the sites you mentioned.
Dave

Itd be easier just to ensure which type of feed you have on there. When you say there is no motor but the "gear box", you could be talking about just a 6F powerfeed without the motor and only the gear housing or you could be talking about the gear feed.

The screw on the 6F powerfeeds actually is shorter than the table, to go along with what John said. The screw actually doesnt go through the unit like the gear feed screw does. I would just make sure which style feed you have.

And John, thanks for the love! Glad to see we have happy customers out there!

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Back