What's new
What's new

Alliant RT2 re-wire from 440V 3PH to 220V 3PH

dstankus14

Plastic
I recently bought an Alliant RT2 mill which was set up to run off 440V 3PH. I will be purchasing a VFD to take my 220 single phase and convert it to 220 3PH. looking into the wiring enclosure I see the attached. The name plate on the motor looks like it should have a wiring diagram but either it never did or it wore off somehow. Anyone have suggestions how I can get this set up?

Also there are two fans located on the back of the head and it looks like they are not connected. I haven't checked yet if the fans are still good - but they seem to have been disconnected. Any ideas on how these should be connected? There are just two leads - my guess is that this would be a single 220 pole maybe?

I attached the motor name plate info and what is in the wire connection box. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• mill1_small.jpg
    mill1_small.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 179
  • mill2_small.jpg
    mill2_small.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 137
so per the wire connection box starting in the upper left, line 1 in is connected to U1, then in the top right U2 is connected with X1, then on the middle row left line 2 is connected to V1, and middle right V2 is connected with Y1, and on the bottom left - line 3 is connected to W1 and finally bottom right Z1 is connected with W2.

The above is the current state of the wiring for use with 440V 3PH

Would you guys happen to know if Bridgeports variable speed plate and sliding housing will work on our alliant rt2? My plate and housing had atleast a1/4" wear on them. Who ever had it before me didn't use the correct screws with the sleeves and ruined it. I thought my bearings were bad so I took my head apart and discovered the problem... My bearings still feel like they're brand new. YES!!!! But there is a $100 difference between the bridgeport sliding housing and the alliant. Any help??? Thanks guys!

Back