What's new
What's new

BP Series II Knee Air Assist

raidohjum3

Plastic
I recently bought a BP Series II CNC with a 4HP 4J head. It has an air-assisted knee, but it's leaking air like a sieve out the top of the pedestal which then causes the z-axis servo-drive to fault and lower the knee. I found this post about replacing the Packing, Bottom Cover Seal, and Spring for a similar machine and bought those items, but when I get into the bottom of the pedestal, I don't see a snap ring or way to remove the plunger from the ball-screw. There are 4 screws, but they don't seem to release the plunger. I'm sure I'm just missing something stupid. Any ideas?

Here's a photo of the bottom of the pedestal with the cover and screws removed. The dark perimeter appears to be the leather packing, but I can't get it out.
IMG_5301.jpg

Thanks.

I approved your post, so you should be able to get replies (if any). There are just not that many Series II machines out there anymore. Jon might be able to get you an answer. Mr. Bridgeport hasn't been around for about 3 years now. It's been 30 years since I ran or worked on one.
JR

Thanks, JR. It came with the M101 operating manual for the manual Series II that has some information but it's not a service manual and doesn't have air-assist on the knee. BPTParts.com still has some parts for it, so I'm optimistic. If anyone else is working with one and wants this manual, I posted it at the Bridgeport_Mill Yahoo Group, Yahoo! Groups

Back