What's new
What's new

BP Series II Special - 2J head - Fine down feed.

thefeve

Plastic
Hey all,

Still working through this series 2 special mill. Got it running but have a few last things to sort out.

When i got the mill, the fine down feed wheel wasn't included. From what i've seen from other pictures online, it seems like the clutch and shaft of the fine down feed, should have a hole in the face, that the wheel would engage with to allow you to use the fine down feed wheel. My mill doesn't seem to have that and due to my lack of experience of what it SHOULD look like, I'm assuming I'm missing some parts...

so - can anyone point me to what i need to get this feed running? The little piece that threads into the shaft i found in a box of parts, but the threads are snapped off. So i'll need to get a new one of those as well. I've included a picture for reference of the machine.

View attachment 205794

Any help is much appreciated.

Additionally - the quill stop micrometer seems to jam about 3.5 inches down. Wondering if there are any tips for getting that cleaned up and fixed? (attached pic again)

View attachment 205795

(ignore the bolt sticking out of the side of the top quill follower thing - was trying to sort out what thread it was to attach a DRO)

Thanks,

Matt

Back