What's new
What's new

Bridgeport 3 Axis EZ Trak - Z AXIS CLAMP SCREW FOR 2 AXIS OPERATION MISSING.

derrickjf

Plastic
Hi again.

So I took off the cover for the z Axis and the clamp screw that disengages the Z axis for 2 axis operation is missing.

For some reason the ball screw is still engaged. I would think if the clamp is not tightened down the quill should move freely?

Any thoughts??IMG_3954.jpg

Bridgeport Z Axis.jpg
Take a look at the pic and I can help explain.

The micro switch at the top is the Z axis home switch. Once the machine is zeroed you can power off the drives and move manually.

To disengage the Z axis drive for 2 axis work:
1. Power off the drives(press 0)
2. Manually move the quill down to the bottom of its travel.
3. Insert a 1/4" allen wrench in the side hole and loosen the socket head cap screw
until the clamp releases the Z axis drive nut.

Now it is easy to move the quill up and down for the 2 axis work.

To engage back to 3 axis it is just the opposite. If you are going to run tool length offsets
from a previous job you will need to re-zero the Z axis.

If any other questions you can PM me. Great machine for one-off parts and easy production.

Thanks very much for the information. I actually sent you a PM yesterday but I'm not sure it went through.
I can get it into 2 axis mode now but the problem is getting it back to 3 axis mode. When I get that message to jog the z axis to the furthest negative travel nothing happens after I do it. Its still in 2 axis mode. I'm suppose to get a message to tighten that clamp nut to 22 lbs of torque. So now I have to figure that out. I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong or if the the z axis scale is not working correctly.

Thanks,

Derrick

Back