What's new
What's new

Bridgeport EZ Trak

derrickjf

Plastic
Bridgeport EZ Trak Head lock pin issue.

I just received my new EZ trak. It was delivered with the head rotated 180 deg. I rotated the head back into position no problem.
The only issue I have is that pin that allows for full rotation will not push back in. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Derrick

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, please change the title of your thread so that it states what you are after. The current title says nothing about what you are asking. Edit you post and then "go advanced" to edit title.

The pin is probably sheared or bent. There should be 2 screw holding the pin assembly in the housing. Remove those and check the stop pin.
JR

I just received my new EZ trak. It was delivered with the head rotated 180 deg. I rotated the head back into position no problem.
The only issue I have is that pin that allows for full rotation will not push back in. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Derrick

That pin was pretty gunky and corroded on one where I work, and ended up with the same issue. A very gentle tap with a hammer freed it up, and it only stuck all the way in and all the way out. After pulling it back out I cleaned the extended pin off with some sandpaper (might have been Scotch Brite, don't remember), lightly oiled it, worked it in and out a couple times, repeated, and haven't had an issue since. That pin isn't positioning anything, so it isn't particularly critical.

As JR points out above, it can be un-bolted. Fortunately nothing else should go falling out when you do so. Since we're on the topic, remember to support the head by hand whenever rotating it around that far, the tilt mechanism isn't terribly robust.

Back