What's new
What's new

Bridgeport M head belt housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellaru433

Aluminum
I just noticed that the two bolts that hold on the motor on Top of the belt housing Have cracked and been re-welded to the point where the weld reinforcement needed to hold it together is keeping me from moving my belt to the top most highest speed pulley ... it sticks out enough to encroach on the belt and will rub and eventually destroy it ...Does anyone know where I can purchase a used M head Belt housing...? I’m not even quite sure if they vary with that particular model and I would Have to find one that would fit the actual mill that I have,,,I know they’re rare but I figure there has to be one out there somewhere I can pick up ... I don’t want to take the chance and grind away at some of the weld reinforcement holding it together and take a chance on it cracking back through again,, as it is right now it seems pretty strong I’m just limited to every speed except the highest ...Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

Parts for M Heads are hit and miss. I've been looking for an M-Head quill skirt for years.

I'd have the housing rewelded after grinding for the weld prep. No reason for the weld to stick up too high. Mine has been rewelded and everything works as it is supposed to...

When mine cracked years ago,I ground the crack inside and outside welded both sides and installed a thread insert . The insert eased the strain at the crack and has held for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back