What's new
What's new

Bridgeport M head spindle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellaru433

Aluminum
I have a Bridgeport M head that takes a Morse 2 taper and I am wondering how I would go about Installing a keyless drill chuck..
Where I have to remove the arbor from the Chuck and find a Morse #2 arbor that’s threaded in the same way that the collets arbor that’s threaded in the same way that the collects are and install it in the spindle that way ..Which incidentally I’m having a hard time finding a Morse 2 taper Arbor that doesn’t have a tag on it and is threaded to screw to the spindle,,, or do I just install a let’s say half inch diameter straight shank on the chuck and just install a half inch collet And then install the chuck into that... i’m new to all this and need some help .. i’m not even quite sure how to remove the arbor out of the Albrecht keyless chuck,,I’m thinking I’ll be able to unscrew it and screw in whatever I decide to change it to ..????

Easiest way to accomplish your goal is to purchase an arbor for the chuck that has a straight 1/2 inch shank.

Put the half in shank in a half inch collet. Cut the shank down to about 1.5 inch long before installing it on the
chuck. That's as deep as the collet goes.

Please check your messages and fix your title as I have asked.
3/3/2018
OP sent me a PM complaining that Milacron locked his thread because of title. I explained to him in my response on how the title should read and that the title he had said nothing about what he wanted. He has had several locked threads and is about to have 2 more.

JR

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back