What's new
What's new

Bridgeport Romi EzPath 1

berthall

Plastic
I purchased a bridgeport romi lathe dirt cheap and need help wiring it up to a rotary phase converter, Please. The lathe is a 1996. Thank you in advance for your help

Be careful... there can be some quirky things that happen with EZ Path's when run off of a VFD or phase converter. Just a heads up that you can get some phantom errors and glitches.

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Be careful... there can be some quirky things that happen with EZ Path's when run off of a VFD or phase converter. Just a heads up that you can get some phantom errors and glitches.

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Those normally occur when someone does not take the time to ensure that the PC/control side is fed from a stable leg of voltage. In other words, feeding it the wild leg of an RPC. Not just limited to Bridgeports, it is good practice for anyone using an RPC to ensure the same. Bridgeports do get a lot of press about it, though, and my guess is that it is because they have for the most part been slightly more popular for the home shop and hobbyist crowd.

I had a V2XT for near 20 years that ran from a RPC. It had some minor issues in the beginning until I learned about this. And it ran rock solid for the remainder of the time I owned it once I learned about this and changed it.

Last edited:
Good to know... I was speaking more about the Paths and the TorqCuts... When I have seen them on phase converters, there is just really weird things happening that cant be troubleshot or verified. Got a couple of customers who run other Bridgeports (See lots of Boss and Interacts in garages and barns) and theyre all fine.

Havent seen as many V2XT or explorers out there, but we got alot of Paths in the Indiana/Ohio area.

I am keeping this in my back pocket for a rainy day when I run into it. Great gouge!

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Are there any issues with buying a used one that's been in storage with no power for a year or so. I know larger CNC mills and lathes loose their parameters once the internal battery goes dead. Is this the same fate that will happen to the Bridgeports? If so, is there any way to recover them if the owner doesn't have a backup disk?
Thanks

Back