What's new
What's new

Bridgeport/ Romi EZpath transformer wirng diagram????

mcbassin

Aluminum
Does anyone out there have a diagram for the lugs on the big transformer for the EZpath Romi lathe circa 1995-96?
I need to go from the stock 460-480 to 240v.
IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

Jon has been looking for the time to walk over to his EZ Path... but this stupid rigid ram retrofit im doing has been taking up a bunch of my time lol

Walking over there now, I think there is a schematic on the door. Ok NM I was wrong. Lemme look at my schematics...

Ok so the tap information is on the right hand side of the transformer. I will post a pic of my transformer information, but mine is for a Path II, so it could be different. It shouldnt be, but there is a chance.

Jon
H&W Machine Repair20180328_082214.jpg

Jon has been looking for the time to walk over to his EZ Path... but this stupid rigid ram retrofit im doing has been taking up a bunch of my time lol

Walking over there now, I think there is a schematic on the door. Ok NM I was wrong. Lemme look at my schematics...

Ok so the tap information is on the right hand side of the transformer. I will post a pic of my transformer information, but mine is for a Path II, so it could be different. It shouldnt be, but there is a chance.

Jon
H&W Machine RepairView attachment 224358

Thanks Jon, the diagram I need is of the post positions on top of the transformer. If you look at the picture I have posted of the transformer there are no markings on the posts.

do you still need the schematic for the transformer wiring?

I finally figured it out after talking with Rick at BPTparts. I had to move the leads around a few times and finally got 460 output.
Here's my suggestion for anyone that has this same problem.
Move the leads for the input (entrada) to the rear row and the leads output (saída) to the second row. I'll try to post a picture.
The way I figured it out was by trial and error. I disconnected the output leads so that I wasn't sending improper voltage to the cabinet.
I used long probes on my DMM to measure the output on the lug sets. Not the best way but it was faster than taking them on and off.
Thank you for all that replied.

I have another question, What fuse size is recommended for 240 volts on this machine? I smoked one the 15 amp fuses trying to start the spindle.
Seems like I read somewhere it needs to be 30 amp?

Back