What's new
What's new

EZ trak, Multiple Zeroed locations? (Other inquiries as well.)

William W

Plastic
First of all, hello!

I'm a new (less then 6 months) Bridgeport operator, I hope to learn a lot here. I already found a few threads vary useful.

I was hoping to find a yes and maybe a how to for the question;
-Is there a way to have more then one zeroed location with the EZ trak program?
Much like you can on a Fedal CNC. I am not sure on the Program version I use, its on my list of things to check Monday.

Other questions;
-Is there a EZ trak program I can run on a PC, just to fiddle around with?
Not enough time to explore the program during work.

-Whats a good resource for products for the Bridgeport machines?
These things need a lot of love.

-Anyone have images or work-logs of screen replacements?
Not that I can't do this with out help, but its nice to see what others have done.
I was thinking about putting in 10in or 8.9in LCDs with nice acrylic covers to keep debris out.

Any information would be grate!
Thank you,
Wiliam

I ran one for a short while many years ago. I don't recall being able to offset to another zero location.....There is an offline program out there for writing programs at your desk, may not be easy to find... Do you have an operators manual to read thru ?
Send me an email , I may be able to help you with the PC program....

Thanks for the reply Mr, O

I'm surprised, I can't even find any other questions about endmills with multiple offset/zeroed locations... Is this an unnecessary feature?

I find it hard to program for 2 parts at a time and keep tolerance, there small, we do runs of 400 at a time... I'ed like to run the machine with at least 4. but for now its 2.

As for the PC eztrak program... I just cloned the hard drive of the one at work and run it as a virtual machine on a Linux rig. I just learned in the program load screen you can hit f5 to switch between jobs on the hard drive of the machine and jobs on the floppy... thats much easier then going in to utilities.

I took the manual from work to fedex/kincos, It is now bound and hard covered, with 2 blank (for now) pages between each section. Over kill maybe, but I don't care.

Multiple Zero or Workshifts

Yes you can set multiple zero points or workshifts. See the attached pictures. Touch numbers 7 for set xyz and you will see the option to set a clear point or to set Workshifts 1 though 5 absolute is Zero you will notice the ABS on your screen the / at the bottom of this box will activate whatever workshift you desire. The other screen where you see the G54 G55 etc. is in the MDI screen where you can edit or write your program, all of this is explained in your manual if you have one. The last screen shows all of the values for all of your workshifts and tool lengths. Hope this helps.

You can also set your tool lengths just like the big machines. It will remember up to 24 tools and you can make tool changes without having to reset your tools each time.

Pete

Attachments

• IMAG0094.jpg
    IMAG0094.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 339
  • IMAG0095.jpg
    IMAG0095.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 379
  • IMAG0096.jpg
    IMAG0096.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 258
  • IMAG0097.jpg
    IMAG0097.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 280
  • IMAG0098.jpg
    IMAG0098.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 352
Yes you can set multiple zero points or workshifts. See the attached pictures. Touch numbers 7 for set xyz and you will see the option to set a clear point or to set Workshifts 1 though 5 absolute is Zero you will notice the ABS on your screen the / at the bottom of this box will activate whatever workshift you desire. The other screen where you see the G54 G55 etc. is in the MDI screen where you can edit or write your program, all of this is explained in your manual if you have one. The last screen shows all of the values for all of your workshifts and tool lengths. Hope this helps.

You can also set your tool lengths just like the big machines. It will remember up to 24 tools and you can make tool changes without having to reset your tools each time.

Pete

Thank you Pete, for taking the time to upload images.

I seen in in my manual but was unsure how to apply it.

Tool info is a nice tidbit, but we only have 2 axis machines. so the Z is all on me.

Again thank you.
William

Back