What's new
What's new

Bridgeport Textron Help!!

Yoteman89

Plastic
Ok I have a very nice Bridgeport that I have a acquired and it's all wired up. We have a Roatry Phase Convertor that runs our shop and run everything fine. We wired the mill for low voltage and it runs perfect for about 5 minutes then shuts off. You must wait approximately 5 minutes or so then you will here a faint click and you can start it back up. I'm tired of beating my head on it, it has proper power, and new fuses. What else am I missing?

Thanks

Rich

Does it have a control box on the side or back with mag starters? Did you check the heaters?

BTW, you should change your title to something more descriptive. Just because it says Textron has nothing to do with your problem.
Maybe something like "BP shuts down after 5 min"
JR

There is a control box on the side, what would the heaters look like? I've heard other people say the heaters but I can't find what they look like.

Rich

Ok I have a very nice Bridgeport that I have a acquired and it's all wired up. We have a Roatry Phase Convertor that runs our shop and run everything fine. We wired the mill for low voltage and it runs perfect for about 5 minutes then shuts off.

Sounds like you wired the mill from a high to lower voltage which explains why your overloads are opening up the control circuit. The three overloads are located on the Bridgeport contactor in the middle of the picture.

Back