What's new
What's new

Buying Hardinge from pictures HLV-H Please Help

stipe3lj

Plastic
Hi. Here I am looking to buy hardinge on the pictures. What do you think how it looks in the pictures, whether it's the original color and condition of maschine etc. Do you thing is good. The price is aroud 13th is this cheap expensive. Please advise . Looking foward to your ansvers. write please.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 266
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 277
  • s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 259
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 309
That looks like a very clean lathe. But what is the price? What is 13th when you say it costs "around 13th"? Until you give a real dollar figure, or Euro or Pound, we cannot say good or bad. But yes, that looks like a nice lathe.

Paul

13 thousand euro. I see in the second picture rebuilt by ZMT Service. Probably it is not orginal.

13 thousand euro. I see in the second picture rebuilt by ZMT Service. Probably it is not orginal.

Why would you say not original because it was rebuilt from ZMT?? ... I don't follow your logic!

If it was GBP/£13K ... that would be rediculas as would Euro 13K.

I bought a HLV-H (Metric) very well tooled from a German machine company last year for Euro 2450.00 and in the UK they can be GBP/£2000 - 6000.

John:typing:

Hi,

Why don't you get the S/N and give ZMT Services a ring? Paul is very helpful. Perhaps it was rebuilt 20 years ago or perhaps he did it recently. Was it a full rebuild? Did he have to regrind the dovetail bed plate etc etc. You'll have more of an idea of what your dealing with.

ZMT put a spec sheet in to the documents pocket on the inside of the electrical cabinet. You could ask the seller to take a picture of that.

HLV-H go cheaper in Europe because of the high price of replacement parts; much higher than Hardinge sell them in the USA as far as my experience goes, and the fact there is a bigger market for the lathes and replacement parts in the USA.

Steve

Back