What's new
What's new

Hardinge quick change change gears and other random parts

regcabdak

Cast Iron
Well I have been slowly chipping away at getting everything back in shape on this great old lathe, I am pretty much done with the change gears I needed except I still need to finish up 2 more gears. All the turning work for the gears and all the other parts were done on the quick change lathe itself, so I am using the lathe to rebuild itself.

Here are some pictures of the gears I have completed, the first picture shows a new and old gear side by side:

DSC014471014x760.jpg

DSC014441014x761.jpg

DSC014461014x760.jpg

I also made a new taper attachment bolt assembly since I was missing everything except the threaded ball handle.

DSC013131014x760.jpg

When I received the lathe many screws were missing, or had been replaced by some more common screws that were the wrong pitch.

DSC013111014x760.jpg

The tailstock offset bolt was broken in half and someone had attempted to repair it without any luck. Here is a picture of my new bolt, you can see the old one at the top of the picture.

DSC013041014x760.jpg

Lastly the cross slide stop bolts were missing, so back to the lathe again! Threading is soooo easy with this lathe.

DSC01342.jpg

There is still wayyyy more to do on this lathe, but its been a lot of fun the whole way!

Back