What's new
What's new

CHNC II 10TF Way Lube Pump

martinberryman

Aluminum
I'm trying to get a new to me CHNC II with Fanuc 10TF up and running. I get a Way Lube alarm, which I can make go away by removing the pressure switch and holding in the plunger for the switch. The manifold and switch are located in the coolant tank compartment in the right hand end of the machine.

The Hardinge manual (correct serial # for this machine)shows the lube pump and reservoir as being located in behind the collet closer panel on the front left of the machine, but there's nothing in there. There is a way lube reservoir on the operator end of the cross slide assembly where the Stop Piston assembly for the turret is located.
Does anybody know if later models of CHNC II had the way lube pump under the Stop Piston Assembly? I can trace two of the lines plumbed into the pressure switch to that tank, but before I drain the way lube and take it apart, it would be nice to know if I'm missing something obvious. I've read enough posts here to be at least a little afraid of the Stop Piston for the turret...

Thanks,
Martin

Back