What's new
What's new

Clearing alarm

I Wire up a american rotary phase converter everything seem good for about 10 minutes then the machine just shut of by itself and gave me this alarm I tried shut it down and restarting but the alarm is still on. Don't know much about electronics stuff . Just don't know if I even reset it the same thing will happen.
Thank u for the replies

You need to reset the spindle drive. Look inside the cabinet. You should see a big box with an LCD display of some kind. That is the spindle drive. It should be flashing a fault or alarm. Find a red button and push it, that is the reset for the drive. The error should clear.

Not sure what machine this is, but this is pretty universal.

Also, your converter is most likely too small and the spindle drive is tripping when it ramps up to speed. If you can figure out how to change the acceleration parameters in the drive to be more gentle, you can likely get by with what you have.

It's a ez path it does have a red resets button in front of the machine
The converter is a 15hp the machine is only 8hp
As for changing parameters I am there yet.
Thank u

No. The reset button you need is inside the control cabinet somewhere. It will be on the spindle drive itself.

I Wire up a american rotary phase converter everything seem good for about 10 minutes then the machine just shut of by itself and gave me this alarm I tried shut it down and restarting but the alarm is still on. Don't know much about electronics stuff . Just don't know if I even reset it the same thing will happen.
Thank u for the replies

Look up what "motor overload" means with a google. Then give American Rotary a call and see what they say.

The machine is trying to protect itself. The run capacitor arrangement will probably have to be adjusted.
Why not measure the voltages from phase-to-phase before the overload alarm occurs.

You should have taken my offer to travel to your place and look at your first RPC. Especially after the
hours/travel I spent with you, willing to buy parts for your first RPC, teaching you how to improve it, etc.

Last edited:
The run capacitor in the RPC panel?
I though that was just a simple set up that it was just follow the instruction and plug everything together and that would work.
I measured the voltages before I plug everything and everything was fine.
There has to be something that I am missing just don't know?
I bought the set already so know I just got to deal with it and try to make it work
Thank you for the replies

Not run capacitor, run capacitors.

Measure the voltages under load. Which means when the Bridgeport is running. You have 10 minutes before your alarm.

Did you buy the American Rotary used? So no warranty? Does this mean no answers to your phone call with them.
I would try to get somoe advice from them, they probably have dealt with this many times.

Take some good pictures of the RPC internals.

image.jpgSo I haven't cleared the alarm yet ;(
Here's I picture of the schematic and also a picture where the motor overload buttons are (I think) let me know what you think.
Should I just push theses red buttons?image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Man you have a long way to go. Like I told you before, those are contactors.

I guess we can assume this is a lathe since the schematic only shows X and Z. I'm still baffled why the OP can't post the make and model.

The schematic does not seem to show a spindle drive, so maybe this is some kind of gear head lathe. I have no idea. You need to check terminal 88 on the I/O board. That should correspond to the alarm. Probably there is some thermal overload on the motor that needs to be reset.

cob,
Post your location so that it appears in your profile. It's in the rules. State is minimum req.

Romi is the make. EZ path had several models. Pictuires of the lathe and data panel on the control would help.

Can you put the spindle in neutral? I think that you have way more problems than resetting an alarm.
JR

Back