What's new
What's new

Dimensions for a 32" X-Axis Standard Leadscrew

TXManka

Plastic
Does anybody have the dimensions for a 32" X-Axis leadscrew?

I have a new-to-me 1955 J Head that had the mechanical feed option that I would like to convert to a standard configuration (which will be fitted with a new servo-based power feed). I would like to determine whether or not the longer leadscrew can be machined down to the standard leadscrew dimensions.

Thanks JR. The challenge I have is that my mill came with the mechanical power feed unit and leads crew which is longer than either a standard lead screw or the extended lead screw used with Bridgeport electronic power feeds.

IMG_3099.jpg

If the screw is long enough, I'd like to cut it down to the standard size, thread and have keys cut.

If you look under the table, you should see that the screw is short and the power feed slips over the stub end of the screw and there is a woodruff key that drives the screw.I have needed to make ends that replace the power feed assembly to convert it back to manual or to utilize a Servo power feed.

Then I connect the extension with a taper pin.

You will need the standard bearing block for the right side (only 1 bearing), the left side has 2 bearings in it.

Bill

Back