What's new
What's new

Do i need 2

I'll get chewed out again, but if it's a "Series I" it isn't a J head, it's a 2J.

Sure, buy it. Then you can show to all your friends and they will say "WOW". Then, when you're gone, you son can dig it up and say "WTF did dad have this?"

OK, being sarcastic., but why do you need a spare head?
JR

geez JR, just let the man enjoy his Series I J head in peace :D

Im a shooter, and personally I dont care if people call them mags or clips, but when I see you talk about that, I feel like its the same thing as to the j/2j head. :D

If 1 mill is good, 2 must be better, right?

Jon

Im a shooter, and personally I donlt care if people call them mags or clips,

Clips came from Hollywood. Clips used to be used for holding woman's hair or stacks of paper.
Magpul don't call them nothing but "magazines" or mags. I can't help it, the way I was raised. I'm also getting ready to pay my taxes.
JR

And clips are used in M1 Garands.. I think there are still a few around, might work for your hair... Will hold some of my tax paperwork...

:)

Swap a Series 1 belt housing assy on a J Head round ram, and it will say Series 1 too...

I think I found a picture of an early 2hp 2J head and mill, that did not say Series 1....

3 nuts, belt housing and motor, and a drawbar, to swap to whatever you want to call it..

I am doing taxes too....

lol @JR. I have always called them mags, but mostly cause SDI would have slayed me once the junior hats were done thrashing me in the pits. When I am around people who say clip, i try to correct them. But I try not to be a snob about it, cause alot of people who are learning dont know any better.

My father in law has a feb 44 Springfield Garand, which needs it barrel replaced.

Anyways... if you want 2 Bridgeports, rock it. I would love to have one in the garage, but I would do more woodworking on it so I wouldnt go BP. But that is my personal opinion.

And clips are used in M1 Garands..

And '03 Springfields, '98 Mausers, Johnsons, SKS, and Enfields. I had a low 6 digit SN Garand that I just parted with. What I really miss is my '41 Johnson.

It's important to note that clips filled the magazines.

I said not more woodworking after I built the oak staircase for my house.

As for the Series I, there was no Series I until the Series II came out. I have never seen a J head with a Series I marking (from BP). When Textron dumped BP, the Series I went away for quite a time. My mill has no Series I makings whatever.
JR

Back