What's new
What's new

EZ TRAK 3rd axis addition questions

ISEN AG

Aluminum
Alright I know this subject is like beating a dead horse but here it goes.

Recently acquired a SEM MT30H4-44 motor (EZ TRAK take off) and a functioning power amplifier (MHB12020-00) I have been looking at wiring schematic 1943390 to understand how the amp & motor wiring is setup for the X & Y setups so I could install the Z. My understanding is pretty good but a few questions remain. Such as the encoder connection for the Z axis cable to the AXS BOB. Does the encoder plug into J4 and if so where does the z axis scale move to? How is the AXS BOB board configured in that 3 axis setup? (a picture would be greatly appreciated). Also if someone could snap a picture of CR1 if they are in their control box just for reference. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Posting better pictures of my actual machine. Sorry if they turn out huge, I am posting from my phone

My actual AXS BOB board:
0N9vONo.jpg

CR1:
1KTLQiV.jpg

I am looking to see how a 3 axis AUX BOB is setup compared to my 2 axis setup. And CR1 I just want to confirm that the dwg I'm working from is correct. Thanks again guys.

willwes,thanks for taking the time to photograph that. I really do appreciate it.

If anyone can photograph their 3-axis AXS BOB board I should be able to get this retrofit done myself.

Did you ever get your 3rd axis fitted and working
I also have a 2 axis machine with 3 axis slot in cabinet

Did you ever get your 3rd axis fitted and working
I also have a 2 axis machine with 3 axis slot in cabinet

Still a work in progress. I have everything (confirmed working motor, wiring harnesses, confirmed working circuit boards, software, Bridgeport wiring diagrams, correct servo tuning procedure, etc.)except for the Elrod Machine Z Axis Quill kit. The coming years tax refund is earmarked for that final piece.

I've gotten lucky by begging/scouring for diagrams & new/used working parts and have only spent a fraction of what this would have cost me from somewhere like EMI or Hardinge. Coupled that along with a electrical engineer friend and a decent knowledge of diagrams and wiring this isn't a project for the faint of heart.

Back