What's new
What's new

Need a value SB 10K & Bridgeport Series I

mkriver

Plastic
Post Preview
Need some help please on the pricing values of a couple pieces of equip. This is to help out the family of a close freind who will be selling these out of the estate. I have first hand knowledge and access to these machines and can probably answer any questions that are needed.

These machines were purchased brand new by their father, a lathe NEVER USED, and a Bridgeport with a maximum 10HRS use.

The lathe is a 1984 South Bend 10K with a 4-1/2 ft bed mod #CL370RD This lathe is tooled to the max with the following, Taper attachment, RH, LH, & std center tool post follower rest, steady rest, Handwheel drawtube with 32 hardinge 6K collets, large and small face plates, 2 chucks a 3" and 4" with hard and soft jaws, Metric transposing gears, Live center, dead centers, face plate dogs, Thead dial indicator and a host of other accesories that escape me at this moment (I can go next door and get an actual list a little later). This machine is still covered in cosmolene (SP?) and still bolted down on the original skid. This lathe is a underdrive cabinet model with the metal recessed pan

The Bridgeport is a 1979 series I 2HP variable speed 50/4200 RPM with a 9x42 table and also has a phase converter attached. It has two work lights, Bijur one shot lubricator, drawbars, table holdown fixtures, chrome ways, stainless way covers, square column, RH angle attacment, and table Vice, both still in the original Bridgeport boxes Never Used. Just as with the lathe I'm sure there are a few items I have missed and can readily get the info.

The condition of these machines are that of new and any question of rust is is basically non existent I've only found some so minor that by wiping across it with your finger takes it off.

Any help you can provide is appreciated, I will post this on the bridgeport forum also as I just didn't know where to start.

Thanks Mark

Close This Window