What's new
What's new

Gusher 8P3 coolant pump quit

alan speyrer

Stainless
Hey guys, bought a used gusher pump, have run it less than a hour and it quit. Anybody ever rebuild these pumps? Going to take it to a electric motor shop tomorrow to see what they say. Any help appreciated.

The pump is just a motor with a non-NEMA frame and a funky fan on the shaft, so the rebuild shop should be able to do the work. At what price, they will have to say.

Pump is working!, took it to Lubbock Electric co in Lubbock Texas, couple of wires inside the pump had lost some insulation and grounded out inside the pump. Lubbock electric re insulated the wires and pump works. Best of all the repair was FREE!

When I began to clean up a new-to-me old Nichols hand miller, I took one look at the motor wiring and immediately took the stator section to a local motor repair place for new lead wires. Excess wire length that should have been folded up in an external connection box ("peckerhead") was crammed into the free air space, insulation was cracking off all over the place, and any attempt on my part to straighten things out was guaranteed to produce a massive short. The repair place did a great job in attaching new lead wires and went the extra mile to revarnish the windings and a few other things as well.

Well worth it to repair rather than replace!

Back