What's new
What's new

Coolant System for BP Mill

Well, I have ordered my double pump Accu-Lube Jr. It will be here some time Monday via UPS. I got what I believe to be a really good deal. Brand new system for $765.90 and a gallon of Accu-Lube Power Stamp III for $38.00. No tax and $24.50 for shipping. Looking forward to setting up and getting going!

OK, its been 2 weeks since I ordered my Accu-Lube Jr. and I finally received my "correct" system today! Let me give the quick version of this mess. I ordered My system on 1/23, after 96 hours I had no tracking info and $828.40 missing from my acct. Finally got tracking info and received "A" Accu-Lube system on Tuesday 1/31. What I received was a 15 year old NIB Old Stock system. Big problems in my mind...After 2 Emails, 3 phone calls, 1 voice mail left and having the west coast product rep call the distributor, they finally returned my email. He stated "oh, it must have been a shipping error, we can swap it. He promised another one delivered Yesterday, Thursday 2/2. I finally received it today... Friday, 2/3.
Its been a long almost 2 weeks wondering about this distributors credibility. and my money. Happy to have it...finally!

Wondering if anyone has any impute on installing? Tips, Tricks, Helpful hints? I haven't really looked at it, Hell, it might be pretty straight forward and easy?

Attachments

• 2012-01-31_07-47-39_494.jpg
    2012-01-31_07-47-39_494.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 2012-01-31_09-18-55_253.jpg
    2012-01-31_09-18-55_253.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 373
02-04-2012, 12:21 PM
swarf_rat
Stainless Join Date: Feb 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have two of the Acculube pumps. I tried the Acculube 2000 blue stuff. Works ok put it will dry into a sticky mess. I much prefer the Trico MD7, which does not dry sticky (does not dry at all, nearly as I can tell). 1 gallon of anything in an Acculube will last you the rest of your life (unless you are running 24/7, then maybe only 10 years or so).

swarf_rat
View Public Profile
Send a private message to swarf_rat
Find all posts by swarf_rat
Add swarf_rat to Your Contacts

The Accu-Lube rep. recommended the Power-Stamp III due to lower cost and not having any chlorine in it that could stain aluminum parts and potentially cause an ugly anodized final finish. He also said it would work about 80% as good as the S2000 but for my little 1 man show it should be fine, If not he would send me a gal. of S2000 free.
To your point, The 15 year old unit is gummed up inside, the knobs are hard to turn like they are gummy? I am guessing its due to the S2000 setting in it after being primed with it at the factory 15 years ago? Anyone have any experience with how long it will take for the lube to get gummy? Do I need to worry about cleaning out the system after using it if its going to be a while before I use it again?

Back