What's new
What's new

Hardinge hlv-h (kl-1) tailstock bearing

cupra

Plastic
The bearing on my kl-1 needs replacment .
Do you happen to know the type of the tailstock spindle bearing ?
As i know hlv-h is same machine with kl-1 so supose same bearings.
Cant find a similar bearing with snap ring at google with these dimensions ... 14,28mm=9/16in ID , 35mm OD , 15,85mm depth.
The ID seems to be imperial but the OD metric .

Any help please ??

Kostas.

The Hardinge part number is CP0004140. It is probably a special item because of the snap ring, so the most likely source is direct from Hardinge. Possibly a rebuilder of Hardinge machines may stock it.

It may be possible to find the same size bearing without the snap ring groove and machine the groove yourself.

I looked at the DV-59 parts list and see it uses bearing number VD0004140, which must be different.

Larry

Note that 9/16"==14.29mm ID, 1 3/8"==34.93mm OD, 7/16"==11.11mm width is a standard imperial single row bearing size.

I can't find double row or snap ring bearings in the larger width from my suppliers, but you might be able to make a spacer with a snap ring groove that would work with the standard ball bearing. I thought that the tailstock beading was a double row bearing, the same as the leadscrew bearing, but I might be wrong!

These are the suppliers I use in the UK
Bearing Boys
Simply Bearings

No connection other than as a customer.

Note that 9/16"==14.29mm ID, 1 3/8"==34.93mm OD, 7/16"==11.11mm width is a standard imperial single row bearing size.

I can't find double row or snap ring bearings in the larger width from my suppliers, but you might be able to make a spacer with a snap ring groove that would work with the standard ball bearing. I thought that the tailstock beading was a double row bearing, the same as the leadscrew bearing, but I might be wrong!

These are the suppliers I use in the UK
Bearing Boys
Simply Bearings

No connection other than as a customer.

I have seen this type of bearing 1622-2RSNR but the OD on the tailstock screw shaft is 35mm , 1 3/8 is very close but i dont think it will be possible to fit in the screw shaft.

Back