What's new
What's new

Hardinge HLV-H tracer instructions

micromachining

Plastic
Hello,
Does anyone have the set up instructions for this tracer attachment that they could share? I struck out with Hardinge and our distributor. They were both clueless as to what I was referring to, even with the attachment #! The 15 and 30 degrees? block has me a little confused as to why 2 different possible angle settings, and is this square block marked 15 and 30 in a fixed position, or rotatable? I could not move mine. Thanks for any input or suggestions

Thank you for your responses! I managed to get the original compound off last night, a bit of wrestling after coming off for the first time in 25 years! I managed to break the screw loose that holds the 15 and 30 degree plate, but there are no locating dowels to really make any difference when you flip it. It seems that you can rotate that 15-30 deg marked plate to what ever position works, but then you have to set the compound to the same angle. That's what I've figured out so far. I made a template of a little Levin lathe crank handle, to see what else I can figure out.

Back