What's new
What's new

HC Speed Control Issue and Wiring Diagram

HBFixedGear

Plastic
I've searched the form and found 2 guys with the exact same problem but neither ever posted the solution. My HC will run one speed it will shift to 2 but the belt is in the same position. When I shift to 3 is is the same speed as 2. I powered down and manually lower the nut on the jack screw. As soon as I start running the spindle, the nut will immediately go back up to the top of the screw where is started. As I said, 2 other guys posted about this problem back in 2013 (neither have responded to PMs yet)so I'm hoping someone else might have a quick fix for me.
I'm also in need of a wiring diagram CHG-8220. If anyone has it in pdf I'd sure be grateful if you could send me a copy.

Thanks,

Bob J.

You now have a clean thread and you have stated the problem.
The 2 in the other thread have not been back for quite some time.

One thing you can do without a print.

Verify which contactor pulls in to move to top of travel. Remove 2CR and 3CR then push by hand the other one and see if it moves down under power (should be 2ML). Then you can push 2MR to raise.

If it will go in both directions, you can leave 2CR and 3CR out

Once a schematic surfaces (you have provided the print number), the cause of the going to the high limit switch can be established and corrected. Then if you follow up with what you did to troubleshoot and correct this problem, there will be a useful thread for the next person.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
I did respond to your PM but I am not that much help on original HCs. I just thought of this advice. There are reprinters that have user, maintenance, and parts manuals for all the older machines. I recently got a user and maintenance manual for my Hardinge HXL, which is a really obscure machine compared to a HC. So getting the manuals for a HC should be a piece of cake.

The fellow I got the manuals from is at this email address: [email protected]

Last edited:
Posting a couple of good pictures of the inside of the electrical panel, and a picture of the speed change box front will be very helpful in walking you through troubleshooting this.

Bill

HC schematic.

Attachments

• hc schematic 1.jpg
    hc schematic 1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 412

Back