What's new
What's new

How to Mount Bridgeport Collet Rack?

Machinery_E

Titanium
Looking at putting a collet rack here on the Bridgeport...and I can't seem to decide on the best location...I'm kind of leaning towards placing it on the rear of the machine, in fact the previous owner of the machine had a collet rack there, but it has been removed...and the ones I have don't match up with the holes that were drilled for it...plus when its bolted up to the machine, it will be on angle, something I don't like...I have both a Chinese one and an old time Graco Machinery collet rack...I would like to mount the Graco on it in keep up the theme of an all American mill-to match the American flag stickers on the head! :cool:

So I guess what I'm asking is, where do you guys have your "die cast" collet racks mounted?

Thanks!
Eric

This don't help answer your question, but I made my collet holder and mount my collet collection like this.....sitting on a shelf on top of the Bridgy's ram:

ColletRack_1.jpg

RAW12ABC_2186.jpg

Mine is sorta the standard way I've seen them installed. I had to slot the mounting bolt holes to fit the old screw holes because the replacement was a Chinese clone. Seems to work okay, though. It also serves as a mount for my Fogbuster coolant reservoir.

Oh, and it may look strange because I have a 7" riser between the ram and the column.

- Mike

Collet_rack.jpg

Mine have been in a box in the top of my toybox for 19 yrs. (In order)

I would not ever want to put the collets out where the chips and coolant and ... and ... are gunna git all over them. :eek:

-------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back