What's new
What's new

Ikegai A20 Lathe

If you are still looking for the manuals, contact via email. Make sure you fill out the subject line. I have the parts, operators and electricals circa mid 1960's. These are originals and weigh 6-8 lbs. I'm in the USA.
Harry

Cross slide, and longitudinal problem on Ikegai A20

Hello Ray,
Now you have the manual, have you had a problem with the cross slide and longitudinal feeds to pause, or stop in a cut? Does not happen all the time, but is a problem. any ideeas??
Thanks Harry
Manuals arrived on Wednesday.
Regards
Ray

Ikegai A 20, problem with cross, and longitudinal feeds

Hello All,
Any advise or info on a Ikegai A 20 cross slide, and longitudinal feed. They will start a feed and pause, or drop out. Can be started again with the lever on side of carriage, does not happen all the time, but it seems to happen often.

Thank you

Thanks Harry
Manuals arrived on Wednesday.
Regards
Ray

Hello All,
Any advise or info on a Ikegai A 20 cross slide, and longitudinal feed. They will start a feed and pause, or drop out. Can be started again with the lever on side of carriage, does not happen all the time, but it seems to happen often.

Thank you

Howdy riverroad7;

Do you mean to say your longitudinal and cross feed pop's out of engagement some times?

if yes, that is a safety feature of this lathe. In an event of over feed ( heavy feed) or smashing the cross slide/ saddle to a limit, a spring loaded lock disengages the feed lever. preventing damaging the feed mechanism.

you can adjust the spring load on the righthand side of the apron to accept heavy cut or to sensitive light cut disengage.

Hope i got your concern right...:)

Best regards;
andrew

Hello All,

Thank you

Howdy riverroad7;

Do you mean to say your longitudinal and cross feed pop's out of engagement some times?

if yes, that is a safety feature of this lathe. In an event of over feed ( heavy feed) or smashing the cross slide/ saddle to a limit, a spring loaded lock disengages the feed lever. preventing damaging the feed mechanism.

you can adjust its sensitivity by tightening or loosening the spring load on the lefthand side of the apron.

Hope i got your concern right...:)

Best regards;
andrew

Back