What's new
What's new

Installing A Sino DRO on a Bridgeport

Here some of the one I just did.

I used a spacer block to adapt to the mounting holes that were already in my knee and then another one for the saddle.
DRO_008.jpg DRO_012.jpg DRO_021.jpg DRO_028.jpg DRO_033.jpg

The X axis was the easier of the two. Just center it on the table mark, drill, and tap 4 holes. Since I used both mounting brackets on the Y axis I did have to make a bracket though.

DRO_035.jpg DRO_041.jpg DRO_044.jpg

The bracket to hold the display is designed to go over the rear bolt for the head tilt on the ram. Doesn't make since to me since you would have to remove the arm anytime you need to adjust the head. So I mounted it just above it.

DRO_045.jpg DRO_046.jpg DRO_053.jpg DRO_055.jpg DRO_059.jpg

hope this helps.

Dave (and to my other friend Dean) - guys, thank you SO much. The pictures and video were EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY what I wanted. With one look at these photos and video, I know what to with zero questions.

*doing the happy dance* :willy_nilly:

I got one scale mounted perfectly. Really quick, does anyone know how to eliminate the VERY LAST digit and make second to last only read in halves?

I got one scale mounted perfectly. Really quick, does anyone know how to eliminate the VERY LAST digit and make second to last only read in halves?

Edit - I got the DRO to have only 4 decimals.

My question is - does anyone know how to make the LAST DIGIT read ONLY in either 5 and 0 ??

It sounds like you got the installation figured out, but I will throw in a couple pictures of the brackets I made for my installation. The X-axis was too simple to justify a photo, but here are the Y and Z-axis mounts:
sWbfcl.jpg

YHvmdl.jpg

It sounds like you got the installation figured out, but I will throw in a couple pictures of the brackets I made for my installation. The X-axis was too simple to justify a photo, but here are the Y and Z-axis mounts:
sWbfcl.jpg

YHvmdl.jpg

Yeah, those are Sexy! Nice, clean installation. I'm going to be getting a bar to mount to my Y holes (alady there from bridgeport?). Then attach the scale to it, etc...

I'll be posting sme pics just as soon as I'm 100% done.

Back