What's new
What's new

Internal Pin To Lock Collet

bradjacob

Titanium
Need some help here. I finally got my Bridgeport up and running, but when I went to install a collet, I found that the pin inside the spindle was all but gone. What remains is a rounded-over just high enough for me to feel it. Needless to say, it's not holding the collet, so I can't tighten an end mill into it.

Does anyone know what's involved in getting a new pin in there? Or is there some workaround that people do?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The pin is not needed if yout collet and drawbar threads and your collet O.D. and spindle I.D. are OK. My Rockwell mill was built without a pin and has worked fine since I bought it new in 1974.

This question has been discussed a number of times here.

Larry

The pin is not needed if yout collet and drawbar threads and your collet O.D. and spindle I.D. are OK. My Rockwell mill was built without a pin and has worked fine since I bought it new in 1974.

This question has been discussed a number of times here.

Larry

Thanks for the info Larry yeah, the threads are all good, but I just like the locator pin (personal pref). I did do a search and found the procedure for replacing or adjusting the screw. I went back down and in 5 minutes was back in business. *wipes forehead* Whew, that was easy!

Thanks again.

Hey Brad, I'm still in Texas, but give Ken a call. He has the knowledge and might have one in stock from the machines we just did.
They are a little salty in price, I think something like $20 bucks for that little screw.
Dean

Hey Brad, I'm still in Texas, but give Ken a call. He has the knowledge and might have one in stock from the machines we just did.
They are a little salty in price, I think something like $20 bucks for that little screw.
Dean

All fixed already Dean, thanks!

Back