My yard find Bridgeport tear down and clean up with plenty of photos - Page 6
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have one of these, so not familiar with the Bridgy version.

Offhand, if the motor is easy to remove, I'd take it off and see what kind of noises it makes disconnected and freewheeling (and check for grittiness in the bearings and brushes). Also, if convenient, maybe use a drill or perhaps a ratchet to manually turn the gearset and see if you can locate the source of the noise(s).

Otherwise, that gearset reminds me of a "Detroit Locker" posi-traction differential in my old 1970 Ford Torino.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the reply’s

I’ve had both motors fully stripped down and the bearings etc and everything seems good and they were fully cleaned and all new wiring I ran while I had them apart

I have fixed the dog teeth clutch issue though,

Here’s a little video to show

Original Bridgeport power feed clutch slip problem resolved - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sounds a lot better. Still some noise at high speed traverse. But maybe those Bridgy units were just a little noisier? Actually mine makes some noise at high speed too. Also, lubricating the gears and putting the cover on is sure to quiet it down further. Did you happen to get any of the other motors running? Just curious how they compare noise-wise. Turning out to be a fabulous build on all levels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Maschine View Post
    Sounds a lot better. Still some noise at high speed traverse. But maybe those Bridgy units were just a little noisier? Actually mine makes some noise at high speed too. Also, lubricating the gears and putting the cover on is sure to quiet it down further. Did you happen to get any of the other motors running? Just curious how they compare noise-wise. Turning out to be a fabulous build on all levels.
    My Bridgeport power feed just makes a quiet hum on rapid and is nearly silent at normal feed rates. It does not sound like that one at all.